Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Baxter International ( BAX) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Baxter International rose $0.73 (1.0%) to $71.43 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,008,390 shares of Baxter International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,697,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $70.87-$71.81 after having opened the day at $71.59 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $70.70. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: NanoString Technologies ( NSTG), up 70.6%, GW Pharmaceuticals PLC ADR ( GWPH), up 53.9%, XenoPort ( XNPT), up 17.1% and Galectin Therapeutics ( GALT), up 15.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Baxter International Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.