Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. JPMorgan Chase ( JPM) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, JPMorgan Chase rose $0.81 (1.5%) to $53.67 on average volume. Throughout the day, 19,823,625 shares of JPMorgan Chase exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 18,254,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $53.30-$53.93 after having opened the day at $53.83 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.86. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Tower Financial Corporation ( TOFC), up 45.3%, VelocityShares 3x Inverse Silver ETN S&P GS ( DSLV), up 9.2%, American Spectrum Realty ( AQQ), up 8.4% and Tiptree Financial ( CVTR), up 7.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full JPMorgan Chase Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.