Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Kinder Morgan ( KMI) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Kinder Morgan rose $0.72 (2.0%) to $37.05 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 8,246,759 shares of Kinder Morgan exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,732,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $36.01-$37.06 after having opened the day at $36.27 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.33. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: KiOR ( KIOR), up 24.7%, Triangle Petroleum ( TPLM), up 17.1%, Emerald Oil ( EOX), up 5.6% and Forbes Energy Services ( FES), up 5.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Kinder Morgan Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.