Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Johnson & Johnson ( JNJ) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Johnson & Johnson rose $0.97 (1.1%) to $88.53 on average volume. Throughout the day, 8,473,312 shares of Johnson & Johnson exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9,456,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $87.85-$88.58 after having opened the day at $88.14 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $87.56. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: NanoString Technologies ( NSTG), up 70.6%, GW Pharmaceuticals PLC ADR ( GWPH), up 53.9%, XenoPort ( XNPT), up 17.1% and Galectin Therapeutics ( GALT), up 15.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Johnson & Johnson Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.