Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Mosaic ( MOS) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Mosaic rose $1.22 (2.8%) to $45.53 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 13,564,116 shares of Mosaic exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,612,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $44.17-$46.27 after having opened the day at $44.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.31. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: KiOR ( KIOR), up 24.7%, Prospect Global Resources ( PGRX), up 23.7%, Ceres ( CERE), up 17.4% and Triangle Petroleum ( TPLM), up 17.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Mosaic Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.