Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Citigroup ( C) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Citigroup rose $1.00 (2.0%) to $51.09 on average volume. Throughout the day, 24,486,652 shares of Citigroup exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 26,865,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $50.54-$51.53 after having opened the day at $50.74 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.09. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: Tower Financial Corporation ( TOFC), up 45.3%, VelocityShares 3x Inverse Silver ETN S&P GS ( DSLV), up 9.2%, Simmons First National Corporation ( SFNC), up 6.6% and Bbva Banco FrancesS.A ( BFR), up 6.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Citigroup Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.