Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Steven Madden ( SHOO) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Steven Madden as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SHOO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $12.0 million.
- SHOO has traded 165,051 shares today.
- SHOO is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SHOO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SHOO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SHOO: Steven Madden, Ltd., together with its subsidiaries, designs, sources, markets, and sells fashion-forward name brand and private label footwear for women, men, and children. SHOO has a PE ratio of 19.9. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Steven Madden a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Steven Madden has been 296,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Steven Madden has a market cap of $2.5 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.20 and a short float of 2.7% with 5.09 days to cover. Shares are up 30.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Steven Madden as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 26.73% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, SHOO should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- MADDEN STEVEN LTD has improved earnings per share by 6.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MADDEN STEVEN LTD increased its bottom line by earning $2.71 versus $2.26 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.03 versus $2.71).
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 4.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- SHOO has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, SHOO has a quick ratio of 1.99, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full Steven Madden Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.