Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Financial Engines ( FNGN) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Financial Engines as such a stock due to the following factors:
- FNGN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $13.6 million.
- FNGN has traded 249,199 shares today.
- FNGN is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FNGN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FNGN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FNGN: Financial Engines, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides independent, technology-enabled portfolio management services, investment advice, and retirement income services to participants in employer-sponsored defined contribution plans. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.4%. FNGN has a PE ratio of 122.6. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Financial Engines a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Financial Engines has been 255,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Financial Engines has a market cap of $2.8 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.47 and a short float of 11% with 20.00 days to cover. Shares are up 103.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Financial Engines as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 12.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 30.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- FINANCIAL ENGINES INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, FINANCIAL ENGINES INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.38 versus $0.31 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.71 versus $0.38).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Capital Markets industry average. The net income increased by 65.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $3.82 million to $6.34 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 80.83% to $20.53 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, FINANCIAL ENGINES INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 7.88%.
- The gross profit margin for FINANCIAL ENGINES INC is rather high; currently it is at 62.47%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 10.97% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Financial Engines Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.