Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Biomarin Pharmaceutical ( BMRN) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Biomarin Pharmaceutical as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BMRN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $99.3 million.
- BMRN has traded 2.7 million shares today.
- BMRN is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BMRN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BMRN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BMRN: BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. develops and commercializes biopharmaceuticals for serious diseases and medical conditions in the United States, Europe, Latin America, and internationally. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Biomarin Pharmaceutical a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Biomarin Pharmaceutical has been 1.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Biomarin has a market cap of $9.9 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.47 and a short float of 4.3% with 3.03 days to cover. Shares are up 47.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Biomarin Pharmaceutical as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BMRN's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 9.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- BMRN's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.09 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.63, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for BIOMARIN PHARMACEUTICAL INC is currently very high, coming in at 91.69%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -15.73% is in-line with the industry average.
- BIOMARIN PHARMACEUTICAL INC has improved earnings per share by 40.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BIOMARIN PHARMACEUTICAL INC reported poor results of -$0.95 versus -$0.48 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 22.1% in earnings (-$1.16 versus -$0.95).
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$6.82 million or 380.07% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Biomarin Pharmaceutical Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.