- True Performance Skating – Built on the breakthrough innovation that introduced physics-based skating and more than 1000 new skating animations to the EA SPORTS NHL franchise. The second year of the True Performance Skating features improved acceleration, explosive first-strides, quicker pivots and enhanced lateral skating, resulting in greater player responsiveness and unprecedented control.
- One-Touch Dekes – Experience what it feels like to be a superstar through a new, more responsive deking system controlled simply with the left stick and one-button. From beginners to advanced players, the new controls allows for quicker reactive dekes and intuitive combination dekes, creating more moves than ever before.
- Live the Life Mode – The evolution of the Be a Pro Career Mode, now you can now truly Live the Life of an NHL player. On or off the ice, every decision you make shapes your legacy as an athlete. Interact with teammates outside of the rink. Take part in media interviews. Each choice you make will affect your relationship with fans, teammates and management, influencing your skills and progression.
- NHL 94 Anniversary Mode – A new way to get into old-school NHL action. EA SPORTS celebrates one of the most iconic entries in the NHL franchise with the inclusion of NHL 94 Anniversary Mode. Built within the NHL 14 game engine, NHL 94 Anniversary Mode has big goals, bigger hits and takes fun to a whole new level. The mode also offers nods to its hockey video gaming roots through a retro presentation style including blue ice, classic star-shaped player indicators, organ music and much more.
- NHL® Collision Physics – Developed from the same core technology that powers EA SPORTS FIFA TM’s critically-acclaimed Player Impact Engine, NHL® Collision Physics introduces bigger, more thrilling hits, and truer-to-life collisions. A new left-stick control scheme makes delivering a game-changing hit simpler than ever.
- Enforcer Engine – Powered by EA SPORTS Fight Night® technology, the Enforcer Engine brings an all-new 3 rd-person presentation where every player on the ice is LIVE! Now, you and your linemates (human or CPU) interact from the drop of the gloves to the trip to the penalty box, with no break in the action. Fight Night technology delivers, for the first in the EA SPORTS NHL franchise, true size and strength differentiation between players, new jostling mechanics and much more to create the most authentic and electrifying fighting experience yet.
- HUT & EASHL Online Seasons* – The Hockey Ultimate Team (HUT) is the most played mode in EA SPORTS NHL. NHL 14 adds the best-in-class promotion and relegation system in the sports category to HUT & EA SPORTS Hockey League modes. Win games and advance to the next division to face tougher competition, fall short and see your team bumped down. Teams will be able to track their progress across multiple seasons.
NHL® 14 is an Officially Licensed Product of the NHL and the NHLPA. NHLPA, National Hockey League Players' Association and the NHLPA logo are trademarks of the NHLPA. © NHLPA.NHL and the NHL Shield are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. © NHL 2013. All Rights Reserved. About Electronic Arts Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: EA) is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The Company delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets. EA has more than 300 million registered players and operates in 75 countries. In fiscal year 2013, EA posted GAAP net revenue of $3.8 billion. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, EA is recognized for a portfolio of critically acclaimed, high-quality blockbuster brands such as The Sims™, Madden NFL, FIFA Soccer, Need for Speed™, Battlefield™ and Mass Effect™. More information about EA is available at www.ea.com/news. EA SPORTS, SSX, The Sims, Need for Speed, Mass Effect and Battlefield are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. and its subsidiaries. John Madden, NFL, NBA, NCAA, NHL, Tiger Woods, PGA TOUR, UFC and FIFA are the property of their respective owners and used with permission. “PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Xbox is a trademark of the Microsoft group of companies and used under license from Microsoft.