Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Health Management Associates ( HMA) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.4%. By the end of trading, Health Management Associates fell $0.20 (-1.6%) to $12.58 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4,571,821 shares of Health Management Associates exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,752,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $12.46-$12.73 after having opened the day at $12.70 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $12.78. Other companies within the Health Care sector that declined today were: Biodel ( BIOD), down 29.8%, Nymox Pharmaceutical Corporation ( NYMX), down 9.3%, Inovio Pharmaceuticals ( INO), down 8.6% and Allied Healthcare Products ( AHPI), down 8.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Health Management Associates Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.