Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. M&T Bank ( MTB) pushed the Banking industry lower today making it today's featured Banking laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, M&T Bank fell $1.84 (-1.6%) to $113.14 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,447,376 shares of M&T Bank exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 754,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $112.93-$115.27 after having opened the day at $115.01 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $114.98. Other companies within the Banking industry that declined today were: VelocityShares 3x Inverse Natural Gas ETN ( DGAZ), down 6.6%, Intermountain Community Bancorp ( IMCB), down 5.9%, VelocityShares 3x Long Brent Crude ETN ( UOIL), down 5.6% and HMN Financial ( HMNF), down 5.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full M&T Bank Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.