Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Qualcomm ( QCOM) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Qualcomm rose $1.28 (1.9%) to $69.30 on average volume. Throughout the day, 12,286,495 shares of Qualcomm exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12,699,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $68.00-$69.37 after having opened the day at $68.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $68.02. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Zhone Technologies ( ZHNE), up 9.3%, Alcatel-Lucent ( ALU), up 9.2%, Parametric Sound ( PAMT), up 9.1% and xG Technology ( XGTI), up 8.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Qualcomm Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.