Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. HCP ( HCP) pushed the Real Estate industry higher today making it today's featured real estate winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.4%. By the end of trading, HCP rose $0.77 (1.9%) to $41.66 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,321,008 shares of HCP exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,064,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $40.69-$41.66 after having opened the day at $41.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.89. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that increased today were: Homex Development ( HXM), up 19.1%, Brookfield Residential Properties ( BRP), up 7.4%, American Realty Investors ( ARL), up 6.8% and Trade Street Residential ( TSRE), up 6.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full HCP Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.