Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Amazon.com ( AMZN) pushed the Internet industry higher today making it today's featured internet winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.7%. By the end of trading, Amazon.com rose $3.85 (1.3%) to $299.71 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,607,007 shares of Amazon.com exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,611,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $296.60-$299.96 after having opened the day at $297.22 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $295.86. Other companies within the Internet industry that increased today were: Phoenix New Media ( FENG), up 10.9%, Vipshop Holdings ( VIPS), up 9.3%, Professional Diversity Network ( IPDN), up 9.1% and YY ( YY), up 8.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Amazon.com Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.