Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. MetLife ( MET) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, MetLife rose $0.49 (1.0%) to $48.47 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4,788,117 shares of MetLife exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,628,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $47.98-$48.53 after having opened the day at $48.01 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $47.98. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: State Auto Financial Corporation ( STFC), up 5.9%, United Insurance Holdings ( UIHC), up 5.2%, Crawford & Company ( CRD.B), up 4.4% and United Fire Group ( UFCS), up 3.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full MetLife Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.