Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Morgan Stanley ( MS) pushed the Financial Services industry higher today making it today's featured financial services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Morgan Stanley rose $0.63 (2.4%) to $27.44 on average volume. Throughout the day, 12,622,124 shares of Morgan Stanley exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 15,183,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $26.95-$27.45 after having opened the day at $26.96 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.81. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that increased today were: SP Bancorp ( SPBC), up 10.4%, Noah Holdings ( NOAH), up 9.6%, Investors Capital Holdings ( ICH), up 5.8% and Palmetto ( PLMT), up 5.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Morgan Stanley Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.