Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Kinder Morgan ( KMI) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Kinder Morgan rose $1.11 (3.1%) to $36.33 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 10,564,148 shares of Kinder Morgan exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,647,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $35.40-$36.37 after having opened the day at $35.46 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $35.22. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Tengasco ( TGC), up 9.6%, Global Geophysical Services ( GGS), up 8.2%, Recovery Energy ( RECV), up 7.1% and Callon Petroleum ( CPE), up 6.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Kinder Morgan Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.