Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Mattel ( MAT) pushed the Consumer Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Mattel rose $0.67 (1.6%) to $41.90 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,655,147 shares of Mattel exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,379,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $41.27-$41.90 after having opened the day at $41.28 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $41.23. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that increased today were: Fortune Brands Home & Security ( FBHS), up 5.2%, Leapfrog ( LF), up 4.6%, La-Z-Boy ( LZB), up 4.3% and Hooker Furniture Corporation ( HOFT), up 4.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Mattel Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.