Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified AutoNavi Holdings ( AMAP) as a "barbarian at the gate" (strong stocks crossing above resistance with today's range greater than 200%) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified AutoNavi Holdings as such a stock due to the following factors:
- AMAP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $21.4 million.
- AMAP has traded 1.5 million shares today.
- AMAP traded in a range 254.6% of the normal price range with a price range of $2.69.
- AMAP traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 16 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 16 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock s movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AMAP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AMAP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AMAP: AutoNavi Holdings Limited, through its subsidiaries, provides digital map content, and navigation and location-based solutions in China. AMAP has a PE ratio of 17.3. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates AutoNavi Holdings a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for AutoNavi Holdings has been 561,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. AutoNavi has a market cap of $895.4 million and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. Shares are up 15.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates AutoNavi Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- AMAP has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.55, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for AUTONAVI HLDG LTD is rather high; currently it is at 69.77%. Regardless of AMAP's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 16.64% trails the industry average.
- AMAP, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 7.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.8%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- In its most recent trading session, AMAP has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full AutoNavi Holdings Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.