- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 with SAP Sybase IQ 16, set the Guinness World Record for loading and indexing big data. Beating the previous record of 14 terabytes per hour, the solutions achieved a result of 34.3 terabytes per hour, equating to the ability to load and analyze 823 terabytes per day of structured and unstructured big data (1). This result highlights Red Hat Enterprise Linux’s ability to support a large number of critical I/O operations required during the data-loading phase and highly efficient data processing required for modern analytics software systems. It also highlights the fully parallel data-loading capability and a next-generation column store from SAP Sybase IQ 15, enabling this jump in data performance.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 with SAP Sybase ASE 15.7, recorded the leading four- processor Linux score on the two-tier SAP SD standard application benchmark running the SAP enhancement package 5 for SAP ERP 6.0 (2). This result highlights the exceptional performance of SAP ERP applications running on Intel Xeon processor-based systems with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
“Today’s speed of business requires enterprises to process and analyze large volumes of data in real time in order to make better and more informed decisions,” said Jim Totton, vice president and general manager, Platform Business Unit, Red Hat. “Achieving the Guinness World Record result and the leading four-processor Linux result on the two-tier SAP SD standard application benchmark is a testament to the ability of Red Hat Enterprise Linux to serve as a trusted enterprise platform in some of the most demanding SAP solution-based environments."Connect with Red Hat
- Learn more about Red Hat
- Get more Red Hat news or subscribe to the Red Hat news RSS feed
- Follow Red Hat on Twitter
- Join Red Hat on Facebook
- Watch Red Hat videos on YouTube
- Join Red Hat on Google+
Red Hat, the Shadowman logo, JBoss, and OpenShift are registered trademarks of Red Hat, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds and OpenStack is a registered trademark of OpenStack, LLC.SAP and all SAP logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP AG in Germany and in several other countries. Sybase and Adaptive Server are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sybase, Inc. or its subsidiaries/affiliates. ® indicates registration in the United States. Sybase is an SAP company.