- Design and implementation of end-to-end front- and back-office processes, including finance, procurement, sales, transportation management and distribution functions.
- Development of a new distribution system, moving from a direct store delivery (DSD) model to warehouse delivery, helping to improve efficiency and speed to market.
- Creation of a new data center, hosted on Accenture’s private cloud, to manage all business applications and support functions.
- Design, development and coordination of all IT infrastructure, such as shop floor automation and plant infrastructure, and including the set-up of IT systems to support basic company functions such as email, help desk and telephone system.
- Building of a multi-year support model to manage all applications and processes.
- Systems support and training of all Hostess Brands’s employees.
- Software and hardware vendor and tool selection.
Under the terms of the contract, Accenture will also continue to manage all IT applications, infrastructure, and data center services on behalf of Hostess Brands.To read about Accenture’s work with other clients in the consumer goods industry, click here or follow Accenture Consumer Goods & Services on Twitter or Google+. About Accenture Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 266,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. Combining unparalleled experience, comprehensive capabilities across all industries and business functions, and extensive research on the world’s most successful companies, Accenture collaborates with clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments. The company generated net revenues of US$27.9 billion for the fiscal year ended Aug. 31, 2012. Its home page is www.accenture.com.