Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced Adobe Generator, technology that fundamentally changes the way people work with Photoshop for web and screen design. Generator is a platform that brings Photoshop to the heart of the design process, enabling greater interoperability between Adobe® Photoshop® CC, Adobe Creative Cloud™ and third party applications. Also new -- and available today for Creative Cloud members -- is a Photoshop CC feature built using Generator technology, which streamlines web and screen design by delivering image assets in real-time to save users the tasks of extracting, cropping, sizing and exporting. Additionally, new connectivity between Adobe® Edge Reflow® CC and Photoshop gives users the ability to take Photoshop assets directly into Edge Reflow with just one click. Edge Reflow is a design tool focused on creating responsive web designs.
- Real-time image asset generation gives Photoshop CC users the power to eliminate time-consuming production steps while ensuring their designs are properly implemented both on the desktop and mobile screens
- Tagged layers and groups in Photoshop CC are automatically saved and updated in real-time as individual files, in the format selected
- Layers can now be exported as JPEG, GIF, or PNG with a variety of options, including scaling for Retina displays and varying levels of compression
- In one click, Edge Reflow CC can import Photoshop CC assets, including images and text directly into Edge Reflow, allowing designers to immediately begin their responsive design process and reduce manual production steps
- Introducing Adobe Generator
- The Engine Company demonstrates Adobe Generator and the Loom SDK in a new kind of workflow