Finally, Canon’s lineup of technologies aimed towards print service providers and graphic arts professionals will also be on display, including several new production, large format and software solutions:
- Using the development code name, “Niagara,” Canon will preview a high-volume sheetfed color inkjet digital press 1 that will help consolidate black-and-white and color workflows on to one production printing system. Featuring a patented four-color ink system (with a planned future extension of up to six stations), Niagara-based systems will provide B3 sheetfed color inkjet printing on standard coated and uncoated offset media at anticipated production speeds of up to 3,800 duplexed B3 sheets per hour and up to 8,500 duplexed letter sheets per hour, with volumes of up to 10 million letter-size images per month.
- The Océ ColorWave 900 high-speed wide format production printer makes its debut appearance in North America at PRINT 13. With print speeds of up to 12 inches per second and productivity of more than 800 B2 or 500 B1 sheets per hour, the Océ ColorWave 900 printer closes the gap between digital inkjet and traditional offset technology. Delivering 3.4 billion, 1.2 picoliter drops of aqueous ink per second, the machine is able to produce resolutions of 1,600 x 1,600 dpi. This printer offers a digital workflow that can help increase productivity, lower running costs and increase flexibility for variable data and short- to medium-run length print jobs.
- Canon bolsters its imagePROGRAF line of large format printers with the new iPF8400S and iPF6400S models, offering enhanced print management and color-control capabilities. The new printers feature built-in capacity to successfully manage print operations of an entire fleet across multiple office locations and environments. With the ability to execute high-volume, reliable output, it is well-suited for print service providers and in-plant operations that receive frequent, large-quantity requests from clients with high standards for color consistency.
- New versions of the Canon varioPRINT 135/120/110 monochrome digital presses pair Océ DirectPress Technology and Océ PRISMAsync operations management with Canon in-line finishing. Along with the new Canon branding, these models also offer the latest optional Finisher AK-1 and Saddle Finisher AK-2 which feature joggers to help ensure neatly aligned finished stacks. The Canon varioPRINT DP Line now also offers a professional punch option available for high-volume punching with interchangeable dies. Available in engine speeds up to 135 images-per-minute, 120 ipm or 110 ipm, the Canon varioPRINT DP Line incorporates a wide range of scanning and finishing capabilities.
- The Océ Arizona 660 XT UV flatbed printer is the latest high-capacity model in the award-winning Océ Arizona Series. It is designed to deliver high total and peak production capacity of up to 696 square feet per hour. Featuring six independent ink channels, this printer can be configured for maximum productivity or optimized for maximum versatility, resulting in even greater image quality at production speeds. Its oversized, true-flatbed table accommodates rigid media up to 98.4 by 120 inches, and up to two inches thick; its seven independent vacuum zones can be configured to match the majority of standard-sized graphics arts media to help reduce or even eliminate manual masking, thereby decreasing operator intervention and increasing productivity. It includes features to help provide optimum image sharpness, density and uniformity over the entire print area.
- New pigmented inks and newly-tested media will be featured on the Océ ColorStream 3900, an inkjet press with a speed of up to 417 feet per minute, or 1818 2-up duplex full color letter images per minute. Show attendees will have the opportunity to see output of the Premium Pigment Inks on papers from partners that include Cascades, Domtar, Glatfelter, Mitsubishi, Mondi, and Resolute. These inks – developed by improving the Magenta and Black pigment inks – offer improved image sharpness, deeper blacks, more vivid reds, and an all-round image quality improvement over previously offered inks. The enhanced inks, in combination with the expanded set of supported media, facilitate a better acceptance and reach into the book printing and graphic arts market place, as well as commercial printers specializing in direct mail.
- Canon will demonstrate its Océ PRISMA workflow solutions that streamline print production workflows from job submission through production. This includes the recently launched Océ PRISMAprepare 6.1 all-in-one document preparation software, as well as a technology preview of Océ PRISMAaccess 5.4, a print management solution that streamlines order submission and provides a centralized dashboard for managing digital print production. The new version will allow customers to expand their capabilities and improve productivity to better serve clients.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.1 This device has not been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communication Commission. This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased in the United States until such authorization is received. G7® is a registered trademark of IDEAlliance®