Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. McDermott International ( MDR) pushed the Materials & Construction industry lower today making it today's featured Materials & Construction laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, McDermott International fell $0.25 (-3.2%) to $7.51 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,858,076 shares of McDermott International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,427,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $7.49-$7.80 after having opened the day at $7.76 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $7.76. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that declined today were: Vertex Energy ( VTNR), down 5.2%, Integrated Electrical Services ( IESC), down 3.4%, Layne Christensen Company ( LAYN), down 3.3% and Tile Shop Holdings ( TTS), down 2.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full McDermott International Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.