Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Genworth Financial ( GNW) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Genworth Financial fell $0.15 (-1.2%) to $12.13 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,619,583 shares of Genworth Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,102,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $12.02-$12.36 after having opened the day at $12.32 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $12.28. Other companies within the Insurance industry that declined today were: National Interstate Corporation ( NATL), down 3.2%, Radian Group ( RDN), down 2.8%, MGIC Investment Corporation ( MTG), down 2.1% and Independence Holding Company ( IHC), down 2.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Genworth Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.