Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. BB&T ( BBT) pushed the Banking industry lower today making it today's featured Banking laggard. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, BB&T fell $0.41 (-1.2%) to $33.52 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5,470,716 shares of BB&T exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,257,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $33.33-$34.07 after having opened the day at $34.01 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.93. Other companies within the Banking industry that declined today were: Broadway Financial ( BYFC), down 17.4%, VelocityShares 3x Inverse Silver ETN S&P GS ( DSLV), down 8.2%, VelocityShares 3x Inverse Crude ETN ( DWTI), down 4.3% and Atlantic Coast Financial ( ACFC), down 3.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full BB&T Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.