Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. CarMax ( KMX) pushed the Specialty Retail industry higher today making it today's featured specialty retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, CarMax rose $1.22 (2.4%) to $51.21 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,989,183 shares of CarMax exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,133,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $49.94-$51.72 after having opened the day at $50.22 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.99. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that increased today were: Lentuo International ( LAS), up 13.1%, Zumiez ( ZUMZ), up 11.2%, Odyssey Marine Exploration ( OMEX), up 4.9% and TravelCenters of America ( TA), up 3.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full CarMax Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.