Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Yamana Gold ( AUY) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, Yamana Gold rose $0.23 (2.1%) to $11.25 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,260,490 shares of Yamana Gold exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,302,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $11.16-$11.39 after having opened the day at $11.25 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $11.02. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: China Gengsheng Minerals ( CHGS), up 19.9%, Prospect Global Resources ( PGRX), up 16.7%, Mechel OAO ( MTL), up 8.5% and Tanzanian Royalty Exploration Corporation ( TRX), up 7.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Yamana Gold Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.