Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Blackstone Group ( BX) pushed the Financial Services industry higher today making it today's featured financial services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Blackstone Group rose $0.29 (1.3%) to $22.28 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,582,985 shares of Blackstone Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,688,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $21.96-$22.38 after having opened the day at $22.16 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $21.99. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that increased today were: Palmetto ( PLMT), up 6.4%, Paulson Capital ( PLCC), up 6.2%, GAMCO Investors ( GBL), up 4.9% and E*Trade Financial ( ETFC), up 4.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Blackstone Group Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.