Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Suncor Energy ( SU) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Suncor Energy rose $0.68 (2.0%) to $35.22 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,178,975 shares of Suncor Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,086,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $34.80-$35.43 after having opened the day at $34.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.54. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Mexco Energy Corporation ( MXC), up 12.7%, Recovery Energy ( RECV), up 9.0%, Gastar Exploration ( GST), up 7.7% and Jones Energy Inc Class A ( JONE), up 7.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Suncor Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.