Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Novartis ( NVS) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Novartis rose $0.99 (1.3%) to $75.92 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,029,842 shares of Novartis exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,429,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $75.16-$76.10 after having opened the day at $75.25 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $74.93. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: GW Pharmaceuticals PLC ADR ( GWPH), up 82.6%, Genvec ( GNVC), up 48.6%, Celsion Corporation ( CLSN), up 15.2% and Inovio Pharmaceuticals ( INO), up 15.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Novartis Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.