Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Hess ( HES) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Hess rose $0.77 (1.0%) to $77.30 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,536,687 shares of Hess exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,666,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $76.26-$78.20 after having opened the day at $76.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $76.53. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: China Gengsheng Minerals ( CHGS), up 19.9%, Prospect Global Resources ( PGRX), up 16.7%, Mexco Energy Corporation ( MXC), up 12.7% and Methes Energies International ( MEIL), up 12.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Hess Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.