Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. SunTrust Banks ( STI) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, SunTrust Banks rose $0.36 (1.1%) to $32.91 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,356,803 shares of SunTrust Banks exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,647,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $32.29-$33.24 after having opened the day at $33.01 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.55. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: Unity Bancorp ( UNTY), up 11.6%, Carolina Trust Bank ( CART), up 7.8%, Hampton Roads Bankshares ( HMPR), up 6.7% and Hingham Institution Savings ( HIFS), up 6.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full SunTrust Banks Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.