Five Below, Inc. (NASDAQ: FIVE), the leading retailer of extreme-value merchandise for teens and pre-teens, will expand its presence in Texas by launching 11 new stores in the Dallas-Fort Worth area on Sept. 12, 2013. The new stores will present shoppers with a selection of trend-right, high-quality merchandise, plus Texas-themed sports, party, and tailgating gear, just in time for football season. Five Below’s move to Dallas follows four successful store openings in Austin, completed in August of this year. “The Dallas-Fort Worth area, like Austin, has a healthy economy and is home to the family-centric communities and value-minded consumers that Five Below serves best,” said Tom Vellios, CEO and co-founder of Five Below. “In addition to providing a fresh assortment of tech, fashion, beauty, crafts, and seasonal must-haves for teens and pre-teens, our Dallas-Fort Worth stores will be stocked with Dallas Cowboys and University of Texas team products, Texas-themed t-shirts, Texas-themed party goods, and more, all priced between $1 and $5.” To celebrate the grand openings, the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders will attend five grand openings, while Rowdy, the Dallas Cowboys’ mascot, will appear at six new store locations throughout the weekend. Two Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders will be taking photos with fans and signing autographs at the following new stores:
- DALLAS: Prestonwood Town Center at 5301 Belt Line Rd., Suite 105—Thursday from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- DALLAS: Wheatland Towne Crossing at 3450 Bainbridge Dr., Suite 300—Friday from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- GRAND PRAIRIE: Lake Prairie Towne Center at 5238 South State Highway 360—Saturday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- MANSFIELD: Mansfield Town Center at 2041 North Highway 287, Suite 111—Saturday from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- WYLIE: Woodbridge Crossing at 3420 West FM 544, Suite 700—Sunday from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- DENTON: Rayzor Ranch Marketplace at 2640 West University Dr., Suite 1260—Saturday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- FLOWER MOUND: Robertson's Creek at 5801 Long Prairie Rd., Suite 100—Saturday from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- FORT WORTH: Overton Park Plaza at 4820 SW Loop 820—Sunday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- FRISCO: The Centre at Preston Ridge at 3333 Preston Rd., Suite 650—Friday from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- HURST: The Shops at Northeast at 894 North East Mall Blvd.—Sunday from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- ROCKWALL: Rockwall Crossing at 1047 East Interstate 30—Thursday from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Five Below’s Dallas-Fort Worth expansion is the teen retailer’s strongest market debut to date, besting the 2010 Chicagoland record of 10 store openings in a single day. The 11 new stores add approximately 300 jobs to the Texas marketplace and further the company’s larger growth strategy, which includes opening 60 new stores throughout various locations in 2013, and more than 100 stores over time in Texas.Five Below's hours of operation are Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., and Sunday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. For more information about Five Below’s grand openings and promotions in Dallas-Fort Worth, and for rules and details of “The Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Experience,” please visit www.fivebelow.com/dfw. About Five Below Five Below is a rapidly growing specialty value retailer offering a broad range of trend-right, high-quality merchandise targeted at the teen and pre-teen customer. Five Below offers a dynamic, edited assortment of exciting products in a fun and differentiated store environment, all priced at $5 and below, including select brands and licensed merchandise across a number of category worlds: Style, Room, Sports, Media, Crafts, Party, Candy, and Now. Five Below is headquartered in Philadelphia. For more information, visit www.fivebelow.com.