- BPL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.0 million.
- BPL traded 63,800 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:15 AM, representing 28.2% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BPL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BPL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BPL: Buckeye Partners, L.P. owns and operates refined petroleum products pipeline systems in the United States. Its Pipelines & Terminals segment transports refined petroleum products; and provides bulk storage and terminal throughput services in the continental United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 6.1%. BPL has a PE ratio of 25.0. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Buckeye Partners L.P a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Buckeye Partners L.P has been 288,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Buckeye Partners L.P has a market cap of $6.8 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 0.59 and a short float of 1.5% with 6.51 days to cover. Shares are up 53% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Buckeye Partners L.P as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, solid stock price performance and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BPL's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 6.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- BUCKEYE PARTNERS LP has improved earnings per share by 30.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, BUCKEYE PARTNERS LP increased its bottom line by earning $2.31 versus $1.25 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.36 versus $2.31).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 40.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $54.38 million to $76.43 million.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 30.90% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 45.65% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. In comparison to the other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, BUCKEYE PARTNERS LP's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Buckeye Partners L.P Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.