Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Marathon Petroleum ( MPC) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Marathon Petroleum fell $1.56 (-2.1%) to $72.10 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,413,263 shares of Marathon Petroleum exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,114,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $72.05-$74.35 after having opened the day at $73.88 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $73.66. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: KiOR ( KIOR), down 9.9%, Gastar Exploration ( GST), down 8.7%, Constellation Energy Partners ( CEP), down 7.4% and Lone Pine Resources ( LPR), down 7.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Marathon Petroleum Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.