Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Biogen Idec ( BIIB) pushed the Drugs industry lower today making it today's featured Drugs laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Biogen Idec fell $2.88 (-1.2%) to $227.70 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,058,174 shares of Biogen Idec exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,316,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $226.02-$231.72 after having opened the day at $229.81 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $230.58. Other companies within the Drugs industry that declined today were: Agenus ( AGEN), down 23.4%, Genvec ( GNVC), down 10.4%, Vivus ( VVUS), down 8.9% and China Pharma ( CPHI), down 8.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Biogen Idec Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.