Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Goldcorp ( GG) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Goldcorp fell $1.04 (-3.5%) to $28.99 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,891,851 shares of Goldcorp exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,149,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $28.80-$29.90 after having opened the day at $29.70 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.03. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Timberline Resources Corporation ( TLR), down 30.9%, China Gengsheng Minerals ( CHGS), down 13.2%, Cardero Resources Corporation ( CDY), down 12.1% and KiOR ( KIOR), down 9.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Goldcorp Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.