Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Staples ( SPLS) pushed the Specialty Retail industry higher today making it today's featured specialty retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Staples rose $0.16 (1.2%) to $14.04 on light volume. Throughout the day, 5,006,741 shares of Staples exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,468,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $13.90-$14.19 after having opened the day at $13.96 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.88. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that increased today were: Mecox Lane ( MCOX), up 5.5%, Charles & Colvard ( CTHR), up 5.2%, DGSE Companies ( DGSE), up 4.4% and Lentuo International ( LAS), up 4.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Staples Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.