Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. J.C. Penney ( JCP) pushed the Services sector higher today making it today's featured services winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, J.C. Penney rose $0.72 (5.3%) to $14.22 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 47,154,289 shares of J.C. Penney exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 15,994,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $13.51-$14.52 after having opened the day at $13.72 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.50. Other companies within the Services sector that increased today were: Sino-Global Shipping America ( SINO), up 21.4%, Euroseas ( ESEA), up 15.6%, Hudson Global ( HSON), up 15.6% and Eagle Bulk Shipping ( EGLE), up 15.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full J.C. Penney Ratings Report.
- Use our services section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.