Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Macy's ( M) pushed the Retail industry higher today making it today's featured retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Macy's rose $1.22 (2.7%) to $46.02 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,467,823 shares of Macy's exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,364,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $44.80-$46.03 after having opened the day at $44.83 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.80. Other companies within the Retail industry that increased today were: Sears Holdings Corporation ( SHLD), up 6.3%, China Jo-Jo Drugstores ( CJJD), up 5.8%, Jos A Bank Clothiers ( JOSB), up 5.6% and J.C. Penney ( JCP), up 5.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Macy's Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.