Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Directv ( DTV) pushed the Media industry higher today making it today's featured media winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Directv rose $0.59 (1.0%) to $58.97 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,809,986 shares of Directv exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,745,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $58.31-$59.06 after having opened the day at $58.31 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $58.38. Other companies within the Media industry that increased today were: Tiger Media ( IDI), up 7.0%, Dolan ( DM), up 6.8%, RealD ( RLD), up 6.1% and Dex Media ( DXM), up 5.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Directv Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.