Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Sherwin-Williams Company ( SHW) pushed the Materials & Construction industry higher today making it today's featured materials & construction winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Sherwin-Williams Company rose $2.01 (1.2%) to $174.36 on light volume. Throughout the day, 538,554 shares of Sherwin-Williams Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 809,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $173.29-$176.16 after having opened the day at $174.05 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $172.35. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that increased today were: Louisiana-Pacific ( LPX), up 11.1%, Fastenal Company ( FAST), up 6.0%, Vertex Energy ( VTNR), up 5.5% and China Advanced Construction Materials Group ( CADC), up 5.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Sherwin-Williams Company Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.