Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Biomarin Pharmaceutical ( BMRN) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Biomarin Pharmaceutical rose $1.34 (1.9%) to $70.80 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,558,983 shares of Biomarin Pharmaceutical exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,016,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $69.48-$70.85 after having opened the day at $69.55 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $69.46. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: GW Pharmaceuticals PLC ADR ( GWPH), up 89.3%, Rockwell Medical ( RMTI), up 32.5%, Echo Therapeutics ( ECTE), up 12.9% and Portola Pharmaceuticals ( PTLA), up 12.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Biomarin Pharmaceutical Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.