Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Dow Chemical ( DOW) pushed the Conglomerates sector higher today making it today's featured conglomerates winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Dow Chemical rose $0.63 (1.7%) to $38.41 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,554,754 shares of Dow Chemical exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,397,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $37.68-$38.60 after having opened the day at $37.79 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.78. Other companies within the Conglomerates sector that increased today were: Dex Media ( DXM), up 5.7%, MGT Capital Investments ( MGT), up 3.6%, Trio Merger ( TRIO), up 3.5% and SAExploration Holdings ( SAEX), up 3.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Dow Chemical Ratings Report.
- Use our conglomerates section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.