Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Ford Motor ( F) pushed the Automotive industry higher today making it today's featured automotive winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Ford Motor rose $0.39 (2.3%) to $17.30 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 55,663,119 shares of Ford Motor exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 36,719,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $17.03-$17.35 after having opened the day at $17.10 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $16.91. Other companies within the Automotive industry that increased today were: SORL Auto Parts ( SORL), up 4.3%, Hyster-Yale Materials Handling ( HY), up 3.9%, Marine Products Corporation ( MPX), up 3.8% and Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide ( QTWW), up 3.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Ford Motor Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.