- What worries parents most? 31 per cent of parents surveyed indicated school bullying as their primary parenting concern.
- What do parents miss most about life before children? Romance/sex ranked highest for surveyed dads (31 per cent), while moms missed sleeping-in most (33 per cent), with sex coming in sixth (17 per cent), after money (23 per cent), good body/staying fit (22 per cent), not being interrupted (20 per cent) and beautiful/tidy home (18 per cent).
- Are parents finding time for themselves? Of the 507 parents polled, 72 per cent of parents indicated that they had two nights or less to unwind in the past month.
With premium content on the site led by editor, Kristy Woudstra, along with expert advice from Schafer, featured stories at launch include:
- Alyson Schafer shares tips on how to encourage Reluctant Readers.
- Back to school photo contest.
- Healthy Lunches, Rose Reisman’s top back to school lunch picks.
- Is that normal? A weekly feature on behaviours and habits of kids.
- Pregnancy tips and advice – 10 Pregnancy Tips I Wish Someone had Told Me.
- Social media integration and engaging photo galleries.
About the PollFrom August 27 to August 30, 2013, an online survey was conducted among a sample of 507 Canadian English speaking parents aged 18 years old or older with at least one child under the age of 18 in the household who are also Angus Reid Forum panel members. The margin of error — which measures sampling variability — is +/-4.4%, 19 times out of 20. The sample was balanced by gender and region to the profile of Canadian English speaking parents aged 18+. Discrepancies in or between totals are due to rounding.