- SAM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $9.0 million.
- SAM has traded 74,357 shares today.
- SAM is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SAM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SAM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SAM: The Boston Beer Company, Inc. engages in the production and sale of alcohol beverages primarily in the United States, Canada, Europe, Israel, the Caribbean, the Pacific Rim, and Mexico. SAM has a PE ratio of 44.7. Currently there are no analysts that rate Boston Beer Company a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Boston Beer Company has been 46,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Boston Beer has a market cap of $1.9 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. The stock has a beta of 0.76 and a short float of 16% with 29.60 days to cover. Shares are up 62.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Boston Beer Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 22.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $30.82 million or 43.08% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, BOSTON BEER INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -7.93%.
- SAM's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Despite the fact that SAM's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.70, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 36.79% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 106.83% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- BOSTON BEER INC has improved earnings per share by 36.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BOSTON BEER INC reported lower earnings of $4.40 versus $4.81 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.26 versus $4.40).
- You can view the full Boston Beer Company Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.