This article originally appeared Aug. 30, 2013, on Real Money. To read more content like this, + see inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar portfolio for FREE Click Here NOW.History of Labor Day "Labor Day, the first Monday in September, is a creation of the labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country." - U.S. Department of Labor Two Signs the U.S. Economy Is Laboring
- 77% of the 1 million jobs created in 2013 could be classified as part-time.
- On average, state personal income fell 1.2% in the first quarter...but inflation declined only 0.2%.
- A full scale taper, headlined by $10 billion in bond purchases a month;
- Taper light of $5 billion in bond purchases a month;
- The mixed taper, with mortgages being tapered first;
- No taper, a continued adherence to the Bank of Japan model.